McKenna Storer is pleased to announce the naming of attorney Kristin Dvorsky Tauras as its newest partner. Kristin combines a client-oriented focus with highly developed skills as a litigator to achieve an impressive record of success. She will continue to concentrate her practice at McKenna in employment law, professional liability litigation defense and commercial litigation.
Her new roles as partner in the firm will permit her to continue to apply her knowledge and talents to representing clients in appellate work in the Appellate Court and Supreme Court of Illinois and in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit. She also advocates for the interests of her clients at hearings before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and at the Illinois Department of Human Rights and the Human Rights Commission.
- Kristin has successfully represented clients in a broad range of complex matters, including:
- Defense against employee claims of unlawful termination in violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act, Title VII, FMLA and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act;
- Defense of companies, religious and not-for-profit organizations against claims of negligent hiring, retention or supervision of employees;
- Defense of companies against claims of overtime and other pay violations under the Illinois Wage Claim Act and Federal Fair Labor Standards Act;
- Defense of professionals against claims of medical, legal and accounting malpractice;
- Consumer fraud defense on behalf of business entities and individuals against allegations of violations of state Consumer Fraud and Deceptive Practices Act and civil RICO claims; and
- Briefing and arguing appeals in state and federal courts in cases involving professional negligence, fraud, tortious conduct and premises liability claims.
Her accomplishments on behalf of the clients she represents along with her knowledge of the law and professionalism have been recognized by her peers who have given her the highest possible peer-review rating of AV Preeminent through Martindale-Hubbell.
Kristin received her Juris Doctor from DePaul University School of Law and is admitted to practice in Illinois and various federal courts. She is a member of the Trial Bar for the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. She is also admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit.
When not actively representing the interests of the clients who depend upon her for legal advice, guidance and experienced litigation defense, Kristin is a prolific author. She has written on such diverse topics as the Department of Labor policies regarding summer employment of unpaid interns, how motor carriers can avoid issues with DOT medical exams and ADA compliance, how employers can avoid legal issues during a working interview, and the law as it applies to service animals and the ADA.
McKenna Storer is a Chicago corporate law firm dedicated to providing a broad spectrum of legal services. Its award-winning and top-rated attorneys have been servicing the needs of businesses and individuals for more than 60 years. Whether providing knowledgeable and innovative solution-oriented advice and guidance or aggressive, hard-hitting litigation defense, clients in need of superior legal counsel for insurance defense, commercial litigation, corporate advisory services, data privacy and security, bankruptcy and estate planning, the partners and associates at McKenna Storer have earned the respect of their peers. The firm is ranked among the top corporate law firms in the U.S. by Martindale-Hubbell and by Fortune Magazine. Ten of the firm's attorneys have achieved peer review ratings through Martindale-Hubbell of AV Preeminent, and more than 50 percent of the firm's attorneys have positive peer review ratings.