Wills and Trusts
Planning Your Future, Protecting Your Assets
Personalized and compassionate guidance are the hallmarks of McKenna Storer’s Trusts and Estates services. Making plans for your future and the support of your loved ones requires careful consideration and the input of experienced, trusted legal counsel. At McKenna Storer, our team of trusts and estates lawyers provides creative and comprehensive solutions for a wide range of individual clients including entrepreneurs, business owners, real estate investors, medical professionals and philanthropists.
Establishing strong and legally binding terms is the best way to ensure your wishes are met after-death. Receive personalized help, whether you have created your will or trust with our attorneys or need assistance with the administration of another person’s estate or trust. Services offered include probate procedures, decedent’s final income taxes, estate income taxes, estate and inheritance tax returns, distribution of business assets, and more.
For Northern Illinois residents, view our Estate Planning-Woodstock IL page.
Personalized Guidance on Defining the Terms of Your Wills and Trusts
Whether a particular option is suitable or a combined solution is necessary, we can draft the terms that will ensure your business or personal assets are cared for once you have passed.
These are just a few of the options you can establish:
Comprehensive documents that are drafted with consideration to include everything from specific personal belongings to bigger goals
Power of Attorney
Assistance for selecting and awarding power of attorney, including document preparation for business, medical and/or individual affairs
Revocable and Irrevocable Trusts
Determine the finality of your trust and find what works for your requirements
Support your spouse in the future
Receive tax benefits and continue to make a lasting and positive impression that reflects your best intentions
Family Limited Partnerships
Protect your loved ones, regardless of the circumstances or complexities of your familial relationships
Illinois New Transfer on Death Instruments
Understand and define how your residential property will be transferred
Special Needs Trusts for Disabled Children and Adults
Get advice and guidance that considers every detail for these special cases
Avoiding Probate with Comprehensive Trusts and Estates Services
McKenna Storer’s wills and trusts attorneys have decades of experience and are invested in providing our clients with peace of mind. Looking forward is not always easy, but our personalized counsel can make will and trust planning straightforward. Don’t leave the fate of your corporation, small business or family unclear.
We help our clients through the personal planning process with the following:
- Initial Consultation: Strong understanding of the law is only part of the skills your trust attorneys require. They also need to be in tune with your priorities and intentions. Familiarity with your personal or company goals, primary concerns, priorities and wishes is the first step for our team. Once we have the full picture, we can present a variety of will and estate options, and guide you toward the solution that meets your needs.
- Periodic Reviews: Our Trusts and Estates services are ongoing, designed with your best interests at the core. We ensure you are prompted to make necessary changes to your testamentary documents as circumstances change.
- Fast and Familiar Service: Have an unexpected adjustment to make between reviews? Our estate planning lawyers are available to implement changes and offer advice that is tailored to your estate. From grandparents who are particularly worried about their grandchildren to corporations that need long-term compliance built into their terms, we can help define your trust. The advice we offer you is backed by understanding your circumstances and decades of experience developing, defining and fulfilling trusts.
- Seamless Will Fulfillment: The circumstances surrounding fulfillment of a will or trust are often filled with grief and confusion, but McKenna Storer can make at least one part straightforward. Many people want to know how to avoid probate. This can be avoided through a comprehensive will. Taking the burden off your loved ones or remaining employees, we strive to fulfill your personal wishes, asset divisions and corporate transfers as quickly and simply as possible.
- Probate Court: If your loved one died intestate or their estate planning has undefined details leaving room for debate amongst successors, our attorneys can help.
Knowing how to avoid probate is important to preserving your estate for your beneficiaries. Get peace of mind for your personal property or the future of your business with trusts and estates that leave nothing undecided. Individuals, personal representatives, trustees, corporate executors and other fiduciaries can all receive personal guidance and estate planning services. Trust McKenna Storer’s dedicated team of attorneys to represent your interests today and in the future.